Hand-tied wefts are one of the trendy extensions techniques that are in increasing demand in North America. If you’ve never had your hair done that way before, then you’d be interested in learning all of its advantages and disadvantages.
And just to be clear, let’s compare it to another popular method – tape-ins, which many girls have already tried.
Hand-Tied Hair Extensions: Pros and Cons
Hand-tied wefts — are neat and thin manually tied wefts that are knotted by hand in a thin braid around the head.
Let’s start with the advantages:
- Comfortable in wearing: unlike tape-in extensions, they are almost undetectable on the head. You will feel as comfortable as possible!
- Do not damage your natural hair: for example, tape-in extensions are attached on the principle of a “sandwich”, wherein between will be your natural strands. It creates a lot more tension on your natural hair than a weft.
- During the reapplication, you don’t lose a single centimeter of the extensions. While any other extension method your hair is simply cut off and then reapplied, hand-tied wefts are just untied and installed back into your hair.
Of course, this method has its drawbacks:
- If you don’t take care of them properly, they can become messy and look damaged.
- Improper installation can cause discomfort and even damage natural hair.
- The process of installation takes from 2.5 up to 4 hours.
Tape-In Hair Extensions: Pros and Cons
In the case of this type of extension, hair strands are attached according to the principle of «sandwich», where outside (from top and bottom) there will be extensions, and inside, in the middle, is your hair.
This method also has many advantages:
- High-quality tape-in extensions can be reapplied.
- This is the fastest type of permanent hair extensions: you can change your hairstyle literally within an hour! The best option for a busy lady!
- If attached properly(!) and with good aftercare do not damage natural locks.
And now to the disadvantages:
- Tapes can be very noticeable.
- If attached improperly, tapes can slide down. And if attached too close to the hair roots, they can damage natural hair and cause scalp irritation.
- Reapplication procedure is required more often than with other extension methods.
Whatever you choose, we recommend that you also pay attention to the quality of the hair you choose. We advise you to use quality Russian and Slavic hair from the I Love Slavic Hair company iloveslavichair.com. In the online store, you will find different types of high-quality hair extensions that are perfect in wearing.
Try them, and you will never give them up!